German salt sticks
1/2 cup sugar
— 2 packages active dry yeast
— 1/4 cup vegetable oil
— 1 cup of flour,
— 3/4 cup of baking powder (to extinguish)
— 1 large egg beaten with 1 tablespoon water
— Salt to taste
— Mustard, for serving
1.In a large bowl, dissolve the sugar in 2 cups of warm water. Mix the resulting mass with vegetable oil and 3 cups flour. Then add the remaining flour. Knead the dough. Do not worry that it will be a little sticky.
2. Put the dough on a floured work surface and knead it until then, until it obtains a soft pliable consistency; if the dough is very sticky, add about 1/4 cup more flour. Transfer the dough to a large bowl, greased. Cover with plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature until the dough will rise and increase by about half, it will take about 45 minutes.
3. Preheat the oven to 230 °. Place in three stencils for baking cookies parchment paper and grease it with oil. Punch the dough and place it on a work surface dusted with flour. Gently stir the dough made from a cake and cut it into 24 pieces. Make obtained from each of the 20 long straw and a thickness of 1 cm. Place the blank in stencils, leaving between 5 centimeters. Leave them open as long as they do not vzduyutsya about 25 minutes.
4. In a large deep pan and mix baking soda in two liters of water. Bring this mixture to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium. Using two skimmers, gently place the 6 salted straws in boiling water for 30 seconds, turning each once. After cooking each batch of straws in a pot, add one cup of boiling water. Place the straws in paper towels so that they had dried, and then return them to the stencils.
5. Cover the straw composition for lubrication based on eggs and sprinkle with salt. Prepare them as long as they are not covered with brown. It takes about 10 minutes. Serve hot or at room temperature. Serve with mustard sticks.
German salt sticks
- 92Herby cheese roulade Ingredients: Egg - 2 pcs Water - 0.5 cups Oil for frying - 0.5 cups Flour Salt Soft cheese or cheese - 200 g Parsley - a small bunch Preparation: Of flour, water, eggs, and salt to prepare dough. Knead it well and divide into 2 equal…
- 90German Bread Ingredients: Wheat flour - 500 g Drinking water - 130 ml Cow milk - 130 ml Butter - 75 gr Yeast - 25 grams Salt - 1 tsp Soda for food - 3 tbsp Mack - to taste Preparation: To start a bowl sift the flour and salt.…
- 89Yogurt Pancakes Recipe Ingredients: Flour - 300 g Cottage cheese - 200 gr Egg - 2 pcs Kefir (or any other sour milk) - 500 ml Potato Flakes - 2.5 tbsp (not necessary) Sugar - 2 tsp Salt - 0.5 tsp Soda - 1 tsp Vegetable oil - for frying…
- 89Cheesy Chicken Pot Pie Recipe Ingredients: for the dough: sour cream 150g butter 100g 1.5 cups flour egg 1 pcs. baking powder 1 tsp 1 pinch of salt For filling: chicken fillet 350g Cheese 150 g butter 50g onion 4 heads 1 tablespoon vegetable oil 1 pinch of thyme ground…
- 85Mushroom pie Ingredients: 500 grams of wheat flour 50 grams of yeast 3 egg pieces 500 grams of mushrooms bulb onions garlic 2 cloves cream 60 ml 30 ml of milk 250 milliliters of water butter 140 grams lemon juice 15 ml parsley black pepper salt Preparation: Dissolve yeast in…