Lohikeitto — Finnish Salmon Soup
Olive oil 3 tablespoons
Leeks 1 head
Bay leaf 1 piece
Potatoes 340 g
Salmon fillets 340 g
Starch 1 tablespoon
¾ cup cream
Butter 1 tablespoon
Salt to taste
Black pepper on the tip of a knife
Dill to taste
3 cups water
1. In a large saucepan, heat olive oil and cook the onion. Once the onions become soft, pour 3 cups of water and throw a bay leaf. Bring to a boil.
2. Prepare the potatoes. Reduce the heat and place potatoes. Cover and simmer until cooked potatoes.
3. Put the salmon in the pan and cook for about 5 minutes. Then pour in the cream and stir.
4. Prepare the slurry by mixing starch with 1 tablespoon of water and stir until dissolved starch. Add this meal in the soup and cook until soup thickens (this point, if desired, the more starch — the thicker soup).
5. Throw butter, stir and remove from heat.
6. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with a sufficient amount of chopped parsley or dill. When a squeeze of lemon juice, if desired.